monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

11.1.05

Boys' club

First they didn't invite us to our department's Christmas lunch, now this...

I went downstairs to buy lunch. I ran into Jonathan, Gareth and Good Looking. They acknowledged my existence and then squeezed together, so it was clear that I wasn't part of their group.

I went to get my lunch, and started walking back. Who should I run into? Yup — Jonathan, Gareth and Good Looking. I said hello and we started talking. They started talking about me, which was fine since I was part of the conversation. Then they repositioned themselves so that they were walking three abreast and I was behind them. It was pretty clear that I wasn't part of the group, but this time we were headed to the same place. If I had wanted to pass them, I would have had to cut them off. Not a good idea for my working relationships. And they were still talking about me!

The thing is, I expect this from Gareth. And Good Looking? Sure. He's a bit of a toady. But Jonathan? If I had feelings, they'd be hurt right now.

Okay, so I got Gareth back a bit later. He said he had a chiselled physique and that I should appreciate it. 'Chiselled out of what', I quipped. 'Cheese?'

You wait, Jonathan, I'll have my revenge!
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 13:59

everybody's 2¢ worth:

at 14:26 Blogger SJ said...
Funny retort! Give 'em hell...

 
at 14:33 Anonymous Anonymous said...
[shrug]

I'm not much good at people. I'm better off smugly writing about them after the fact.

s

 
at 17:02 Blogger cat said...
i'm thinking velveta. :)

 
at 17:20 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ha ha! The sad part is that he's actually fairly, um... pleasant to look at, but he did need to be brought down a peg or two.

s

 

Post a Comment