monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

16.12.04

Call display got me fired

My phone rang. I looked at the display and saw the first name of one of the guys in the office with whom I'm on a sarcly basis. I picked it up with one of my typical greetings reserved for such people. I'm not sure which one. It would either have been 'Yessir!' or 'Whaddaya want this time?', or 'You'd better not have the phone rammed down your throat again'.
Um... Pardon?
Ohcrapohcrapohcrap! That would be my boss's voice.

I look at the phone again. It might have been a good idea for me to look at both the first name and the last name of the caller before shooting my mouth off. I apologised and bumblingly explained that I thought he was the other Jonathan.

Bossman: Still not very friendly, though. Is it?

Sarcastrix: Well, erm... Jonathan and I have a very special relationship.

Bossman: I see (in a tone of voice that implies that not only does he not see, but he really doesn't want to see what sort of special relationship we have).
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 16:49

everybody's 2ยข worth:

Post a Comment