monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

4.2.05

Well, that was unexpected

I worry a lot about my job performace. Okay maybe not a lot, because I don't really care that much, but I guess I worry a bit. No. I mean, I worry a lot. Just not about work. Not exclusively about work. Not usually about work.

Whatever. You get the idea.

The Ferengi frequently tells me that I've screwed this or that or the other up. She tells me that the boss is annoyed at my constant failures. She gripes at me being lazy. Blah blah blah.

Yesterday I received what amounts to my semi-annual performance appraisal. Last time around, this meant that my boss made vague, clouded reference to my performance or something. Then he gave me a big, fat cheque.

This time was a bit different. He told me that I shouldn't be such a perfectionist. He said he knew that I was and that I would continue to be. But, he said, I should try to be less of a perfectionist or I'd burn myself out.

Considering the amount of time I spend in a given workday not working, I find that fairly unlikely.

Oh, and then he gave me a big, fat cheque and a silly little raise.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 10:08

everybody's 2ยข worth:

Post a Comment