monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

9.12.04

Eschewing obfuscation

My one year anniversary at my job is coming up next week. Will I have a review? Will I be getting a raise?

My boss made some very vague comments about my performance this morning. Not to me, of course... He was speaking to the Ferengi. He told her that lately I've failed to catch quite a few spelling errors. He didn't provide any examples, just an obscure reference to some mistakes I am alleged to have made. Again, he has never mentioned any of this to me.

I asked the Ferengi about performance reviews and raises. Apparently the obscure remarks he made when he gave me my semi-annual bonus in August constitute all the review I'm going to get. At the time he referred to some errors that either I had made or that he wanted me to avoid making. I'm not sure whether he was speaking about anything that actually happened or merely hypothetically. Based on the freakin' huge bonus I got, I assumed it was either the latter or it wasn't really that big of a deal.

As to raises... Well, the Ferengi says that if you want one, you ask for one. If you don't ask you'll never get one.

Based on this morning, though, I'm guessing that today's not my day to ask.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 13:15

everybody's 2ยข worth:

Post a Comment