monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

24.1.05

Un-sarc announcement

I would like to express many heartfelt and entirely un-sarc thanks to all who voted in last week's Choose My Adventure poll. And to all those who declined to vote: I blow my nose at you. Well, no. Not really.

Anyways, the polls are now closed. Ten of you advised me to go, while only one said 'stay'.

Well... So... Hmm... I guess... um... I'm going to try to go to India this spring. I agreed to help do some writing and editing for a couple of guys I know who are co-ordinating/leading a team of volunteers to work with the Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta. You can read about the trip here: http://freedomizeindia.com

But I was also given the opportunity to join them. The plan is to spend 3 weeks volunteering, following which, I'd have a week or two to do some travel on my own. You guys and a few others helped me see that I haven't got time to let this opportunity slip past.

I don't know whether I'll be able to make this work, but it looks like I'm going to give it a whirl.

So, thanks for the advice everybody. Here's hoping it works out!
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 13:30

everybody's 2ยข worth:

at 12:44 Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm sure this is old news to you but on the offchance it's not: Introducing the long-awaited sarcasm point

 
at 12:59 Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have two comments to your comment to my post.

1. This strikes me as an odd spot for a comment on sarcasm. I mean this post is probably my least sarcastic ever.

2. Hmm... I'm with Norm MacDonald; sarcasm should blend in. It shoud catch innocent sarctims unaware. It should leave people wondering, 'she did not just say that. Did she?' It should take me 20 minutes to persuade people any time I want to be serious for a moment.

sarcastrix

 
at 13:40 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Are comments working again?

sarcastrix

 
at 15:04 Blogger CBK said...
Congrats and good luck!!! I've been intrigued by India for a while. I hope it offers you more adventure than you can imagine, and less dysentery than I've heard can happen over there.

Regarding comments, did you reply to my Moiraine comment and it got eaten? I must know if I got any points for my guess!

 

Post a Comment