monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

17.1.05

Just like a choose-my-own-adventure story...

Well, sort of...

Okay, not so much...

I'm trying to decide something. It's a fairly major thing, with potential to be life-changing. I haven't got time to go into details right now. Besides, they're just not funny. So, instead I'm just going to take your votes. Like a blind taste test. But without the tasting...

I'm feeling pretty torn about the issue, so I'm going to let you, my faithful readers (and my unfaithful ones, too), decide my fate. Oh, and if this is your first time here, vote anyways.

My question is this: Should I stay or should I go?

Please post your vote in the comments section. Results will be reported when I get around to it.

PS to Anne and Rachel: Yes, your votes count — even though you actually know what I'm talking about.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 09:36

everybody's 2¢ worth:

at 10:14 Blogger Rachel said...
I'm not actually sure what in particular you're talking about, so I'll say, um...

Eenie, meanie, meiny, mo,
Should she stay or should she go?
What she means I do not know
So I'll just make a random vote:

GO

 
at 11:04 Blogger jj said...
Uncle Jonny says GO
because
to stay is to become stale/ to GO is to open new exciting unknown horizons / all good but scary. But scary = heart beating knowing you are alive!

 
at 11:49 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Must clarify something... This is not a now-or-later-or-some-other-time kind of decision. This is a timed opportunity. I either take the opportunity when it is offered, or kiss it goodbye forever.

s

 
at 12:52 Anonymous Anonymous said...
That's so nice. Thanks!

That sounded sarcastic, didn't it? Well, it wasn't.

Um... Further narrowing the field a bit, I'll say that if I go, there would be a period of roughly five weeks during which I'd have far fewer opportunities to blog. So, like, once every day or two instead of 193 times per day.

s

 
at 13:05 Blogger Rachel said...
Here's an idea:

Pick a hand - right or left.

I will let you know which hand the "Stay" was in afterwards. Then you'll have your answer.

Oh, and by the way, I love how you don't have a mood posted for the Ferengi right now, and it says "As usual, the Ferengi is currently... other crap" :)

 
at 13:10 Anonymous Anonymous said...
One person, one blog, one vote. You already cast yours here.

I think something's wrong with the unkymoods link. I don't know why else it wouldn't show the current mood.

s

 
at 15:41 Anonymous Anonymous said...
OK, Ms. Sarcastrix. I believe I told you my idea on this last night. But I will say again. Umm....great oppurtunity. Everyone else appears to have loved it. But, umm, see an M.D. first. Any one. I believe there are even such things as...travel...doctors. Breathing is generally seen as a good thing. If he/she say ok, then go!!
This is all Darmok aside, of course. That should be your decision.

Anne

 
at 16:04 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Shh! You're giving too much away.

s

 
at 16:09 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Go!

CMC

 
at 21:41 Blogger cat said...
GO.

i have been trying to post this all bloody day. stupid blogger.

 
at 23:45 Blogger CBK said...
I thought Hot Guy asked you to Germany for the reality show, but Anne threw me off that theory. I say if it's a new job, then stay. International travel opportunity, go.

 
at 02:34 Blogger Aubrey said...
Take some advice from an old guy who's been around the block a few times. Anytime you have an opportunity to go on an adventure..GO! Once you get married and/or have kids, or have a real job or a mortgage, those opportunities will no longer present themselves - and if they do, you won't be available to take advantage of them. Some of my favorite memories of my life have been those times when I said "fuck it!" and just did something that didn't make sense at the time. None of the memories of my "normal day-to-day life" compare to these. Go...Have Fun...and tell us all about it when you come back, so us old fuddy-duddies can live vicariously through your youth and wild soul.

 
at 11:04 Blogger Martin Locock said...
Given that it sounds inspiring, you should go for it, given that you find work lacks inspiration. (That construction seem ok by me). You put me on your blog list! Great- I'll have to add something now.

 

Post a Comment