monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

6.1.05

First day back

It's my first day back at work after nearly two weeks off. I've been here for three hours. So far I've corrected a typo, blogged a bit, read a few e-mails, sent a few e-mails, applied for several jobs on behalf of my dad, drunk one cup of coffee, worked on my novel, snarked with Jonathan, and eaten a bowl of blueberry granola. All in all, it's been a fairly productive morning at work.

Wait...

More work-related work just came up. New Chick asked the Ferengi a question. The Ferengi* stared vacantly at her, so I answered the question, which was a legitimate one. The Ferengi then sniped at me for having answered for her.

So far, the hardest part of the day was getting up when the awful BLEEPING started. For frig's sake... It was still dark out!

*She's kind of like Darmok. English is her first and only language, but sometimes communication with her is hindered by the fact that she has her own special way of arranging perfectly sensible words in perfectly nonsensensical fashions.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 10:59

everybody's 2ยข worth:

Post a Comment