monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

25.10.04

Attention K-Mart shoppers

It has come to my attention that the editing process is considered tiresome. Several of you have pointed out the numerous flaws inherent in the system. In order to accommodate your wishes and whims, we will institute an entirely new set of procedures.

The Old Way

1. You submit your report to me.
2. I read it and make changes.
3. I return your document for your perusal.
4. You go through the document, unmaking all my changes.
5. You submit the document to publishing.

The New Way

1. You submit your report to me.
2. I write meaningless blog entries for half an hour.
3. I return the untouched file to you with a comment telling you how wonderful it is. Once in a while I'll add a comment about how reading your document has changed my life.
4. You feel good about yourself and your skills as a writer.
5. You submit the document to publishing.

Clearly, the New Way has numerous advantages over the Old Way. We will all (except the publisher, but she's chronically cranky) have less work to do. We will all feel better about ourselves, thus enhancing our sense of self worth. Additionally, since the New Way takes less time to complete, all parties will have more time to spend focusing on the things in life that really matter, like the current market value of our investments.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 13:36

everybody's 2ยข worth:

Post a Comment