monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

11.2.05

Two strikes against me

I realised something. I don't actually have any ambition to 'climb the corporate ladder' or 'move ahead' (or whatever other metaphor all the cool kids are using these days) in my current workplace; however, if I did, I would be held back by two things.

For starters, I'm too technically inclined. Not only do I surf the web all by myself and check my own e-mail, but I can also use all the fancy, schmancy software on my machine. Well, at this point I'm not exactly proficient with all the exciting web design software that came with the Adobe Suite, but I'm slowly teaching to myself to use them. And on top of that, I can fix the printer/copier. People don't call Xerox anymore, they call me. It takes the Xerox guy a few hours to show up, whereas I'm right here.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, I'm just too darned tall. This was driven home to me yesterday following our quarterly staff meeting. My boss's boss gave a long and entirely uninteresting presentation. When he was finally finished we all stood up. There are probably four men in our section (50 people) who are taller than me. But I've got heels. With my heels, I come out on top — so to speak. Not a single woman comes within an inch of my height. There's a noticeable inverse correlation between a person's physical stature and his/her position in the corporate hierarchy. Sadly, this means that the Princess will one day rule the entire company and, quite possibly, the universe. Hopefully, I will not live to see the day.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 11:03

everybody's 2¢ worth:

at 12:04 Blogger Lady said...
i'm one of the tallest people at work too. and with heels i'm a monster. i tower over the little ladies and they always ask me, "have you grown?"
ha
ha.
they like my ability to wear whatever freaking shoes i want to!!
hihihihi - little bosses are funny because they feel threatened by our stature. screw all y'all. well not YOU guys per say, but all y'all that are bosses. :P

 

Post a Comment