monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

22.2.05

Rifling through the pockets of the dead

One of the analysts quit yesterday. I'm wondering... Hmm... His office is quite a ways from my mini-cube. I don't know if I could get away with it. I got my snazzy mouse this way. The company has no objection to spending money on 'real' staff, but, as the editor, I count as support staff.

I might go get me a chair.

But a chair's a bit more noticeable than a mouse. Wheeling it down the office, smacking into people, knocking stuff over, I'd draw a fair amount of attention to myself. If Bridget Jones liked me, I'd get away with it. As it is, my continued existence is a constant source of irritation to her. I'm sure she'd relish the chance to take an undeserved luxury away from me. She'd probably point out that I was only worth the $35 Ikea model. Nicer chairs are reserved for people who earn them; you know, like the analysts, the assistants, the Ferengi, New Chick, the out of town employees who come to the office every so often, and that office the plants used to use.

I know! I'll get New Chick to make the swap once everybody else has gone home.

Ha!
_____________________________

Update:
The bond traders all got new chairs yesterday. I swiped one of their old ones. It's a goood chair: comfy, supportive, solid. It looks like somebody spilled some coffee on it. I mean, I hope that's coffee. Oh, and get this: it's Beandog-coloured, meaning my chair will no longer look as though he's the one who's been sitting in it. Well, actually it will, but not noticeably so. Whatever. It's comfy.
_____________________________

Update to the update:
Last night New Chick took the chair I swiped from the bond desk and swapped it with the one I really wanted.

Sweet success!
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 10:01

everybody's 2ยข worth:

at 10:28 Blogger CBK said...
Make a sign that says "Stressed? Office chair rides 25 cents. Great mental health break!" Then get that chair and put the sign on it. After you've given a couple rides, simply "return" the chair to your cubicle.

 
at 10:29 Blogger Lady said...
oo! from experience you should tell them that you're having back problems and that you need a better chair. worked for me!! start complaining that you have back pains and wait til someone suggests, "maybe it's your chair??"

yesssssss!!

 
at 11:28 Blogger Peeved Michelle said...
I definitely recommend waiting until most people are out before scavenging larger items. It's best to have another person to stand look-out for you. Smaller items can be taken any time. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment