monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

17.2.05

Observations

  1. It's not even nine o'clock and the Ferengi's pissing me off real good. Believe it or not, if there is an incompetent idiot around here, it sure as hell ain't me. Piss off.
  2. My corn flakes kick your corn flakes' sorry little butts.
  3. Every day when I'm walking to and from work, I pass by people in expensive work-out clothes exercising in over-priced gyms. Instead of paying a monthly fee to exercise, I save $4 a day by not taking transit.
  4. If I order a regular coffee and then hand you my travel mug, then I want a regular coffee. The fact that my mug is bigger than a regular coffee is irrelevant. I'm not trying to rip you off, I just want a regular coffee.
  5. My work provides free coffee. I have decided it's not worth the price. Every day I pour a cup and drink about an ounce before I arrive at a state of complete disgust and pour it down the drain. Friggin' Starbucks. As of this morning, I've switched to tea. I don't think it's working.
  6. (09.41) Sarcastor the Truly Stubborn starts another new job today. He's excited and has been sending me several e-mails a day about it. Oddly, though, he spells the company name differently with every single one. My dad has some of the worst and weirdest spelling ever. He frequently uses 'and' for 'an'.
  7. (10.08) Screw it. I'm going for coffee. I'll pass the Ferengi the changes I marked up for her on my way out. She can complain to my empty desk.
More to follow...
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 08:40

everybody's 2ยข worth:

at 09:16 Blogger Lady said...
mmm - when I was in England, I discovered the wonder which is Earl Grey Tea. mmm... so delish!

 
at 09:37 Anonymous Anonymous said...
I mean no slight against tea. Tea is great. It's just not my morning beverage of choice. I drink tea in the afternoons and evenings and the middle of the night.

Gee, come to think of it... I've been drinking tea by the bucket ever since Ford moved in.

Still... It's not coffee.

 
at 11:18 Blogger CBK said...
But not everybody has the ability to stay underweight like you. Not that spending lots of money is a requirement, but workouts in addition to walking to work may be necessary for some.

I gave up caffeine and my life is so much better for it. Aren't I so damn special? I'll stop now.

 
at 11:32 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Walk, run, ride a bike, rollerblade... Whatever. Paying to use an indoor gym, riding bikes that don't go anywhere, lifting stuff that doesn't need to be lifted... It all seems so pointless and artificial.

 
at 13:34 Blogger CBK said...
I concur.

 
at 15:28 Blogger Saucy Monk said...
Lady, do i hear you on the issue of "work coffee". We get it free here too, but man, the sludge tastes like Ass of Goat. Now i spend needless hours of my day in line at Horton's or donating my organs for enuff to enjoy a "vendi" at the Buck's. Life is but a challenge for a decent cup o' joe.

 
at 16:10 Anonymous Anonymous said...
I was doubly perplexed for a few minutes, but I'm only singly perplexed now. You're showing up in statcounter as being in the US. Then I read your blog, which says your in TO. So the Tim's reference makes sense now.

But Starbucks? Dude, the vile coffee I'm complaining about is from Starbucks!

 

Post a Comment