monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

2.2.05

It's a cold day in hell

This one deserves a drum roll, but I don't know how to write one. Oh, wait...

[drum roll, possibly digressing into a Danny Carey drum solo]

Darmok apologised.

I have known her for five and a half years. She's never apologised to me. Never*. Not even the time she told everybody we both knew that the police had hard evidence that I'd stolen $5,000 two years before and she didn't know why they hadn't arrested me.

Last night she apologised for being a bad friend. She hasn't spoken to me very much for the past month. Honestly, I've been rather happy with it. I've been trying to distance myself from her for a year and a half (since the aforementioned** incident). She keeps coming back.

Aaargh!

*She also didn't apologise for accusing me of sending her hate mail.

**Long story, but Darmok actually thought aforementioned meant bisexual. I laugh every time I use the word.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 11:46

everybody's 2ยข worth:

at 13:21 Blogger CBK said...
Be careful. You understand her words, but she does not mean them the way you understand them. She is Darmok, after all.

 
at 14:30 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hmm... Interesting. I hadn't thought of it that way.

s

 
at 15:58 Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...
She wants something. Beware of favor requests.

 
at 16:02 Blogger SJ said...
Aformentoned.

 
at 17:28 Blogger Bookfraud said...
this makes me wish i had followed MSR in earlier days. I want to meet Darmok. Just to write about her. She sounds like somebody out of a Dickens novel -- uriah heep, perhaps.

 
at 23:35 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Something Something Fire Alarm: Of course she wants something! But I'm pretty sure that whatever it is I won't see it coming and I won't be able to provide her with it.

Ian: Okay, I laugh when anybody says it.

Bookfraud: The Darmok Chronicles can be found at:
rememberinteresting piece of fictionthat's disgustinghee hee!s

 
at 23:37 Anonymous Anonymous said...
In addition to my typing difficulties, I also forget to use html codes for line breaks.

s

 

Post a Comment