monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

3.2.05

How much am I worth?

It's bonus day. We're all waiting to find out the value that the boss places on our contributions to the company. I keep reminding myself that I make a good salary and anything I get is a bonus (hence the name, eh). Still. Kinda nerve-wracking.

Last time around I got what I thought was a freakin' amazing bonus, even though I was told that we as a department and as a company had not performed to expectations. This time around, we've had e-mail upon e-mail telling us how great the department is doing and how fabulously the company is performing. If I get less than I got last time, won't that mean I'm not worth...

[pressing temples frantically]

Must stop thinking about it. Must stop thinking about it. Must stop...

Aaargh!

Update:
Aaargh! I should have been off five minutes ago, but he hasn't called me into his office yet. Now he's pissed off because he had to clean the kitchen. I was about to do it, but didn't want to miss his phone call to go see him in his office. Maybe he won't call. Maybe I'm not worthy of a bonus at all! Aaaargh!

He called the Ferengi to his office an hour and a half ago. She came out with the biggest freakin' grin I've ever seen on her. But he still hasn't called me!!!!!!

Aaaargh!

Update to the update:
Wee haw! I'm going to get me a brand new... um... I don't know... But I'm going to buy stuff. Maybe lots of it.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 15:11

everybody's 2ยข worth:

at 16:21 Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...
At a certain McDonald's in Chicago, the managers have to keep waste low, drive-through times low, mystery guest customer service ratings high, and finally make sales goals to recieve a whopping $100 bonus each month. Is saw it on their bulletin board last night.

 
at 01:08 Blogger SJ said...
Here's five bucks. Buy yourself something nice...

 
at 09:50 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ha ha. Thanks guys.

Think I'm going to get me a dishwasher and a new washing machine this weekend...

s

 

Post a Comment