monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

9.2.05

A fine example of dumb-assery

New Chick went out for coffee a little while ago. While she was gone, the Ferengi called me over to her desk. She wanted to show me a document that was published a few weeks ago. She was annoyed at both New Chick and me because it had formatting errors all over the place.

She told me that New Chick was being careless and that I shouldn't let her get away with it. She said I needed to spend more time with her, to make sure that she didn't let such things happen again. She went on and on about how the days I was off a few weeks ago, she made sure all the documents looked perfect before sending them out. She told me I needed to do the same from now on and that I needed to make sure that New Chick did too. Both of us need to follow her example on this, since clearly we are too careless. Blah blah blah.

I let her rant, and then I went back to my desk and sat down. A little while later I had to record a document I published today. Before putting the book away, I checked the entry for the document in question. It was one that the Ferengi did while I was at home puking a few weeks ago. Not I. Not New Chick. She.

She just told me that a document she published was completely unacceptable and I need to make sure never to allow it to happen again!
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 14:43

everybody's 2¢ worth:

at 00:14 Blogger CBK said...
I MUST know how you let her know how BIG a dumbass she is! Do tell.

 
at 10:47 Anonymous Anonymous said...
I tell her, she becomes miserable, cranky, difficult to deal with and resentful. Well, moreso than usual... This may well make for entertaining blog posts, but in no way would it make my life any more fun. No thanks.

s

 
at 10:50 Blogger Lady said...
the sheer satisfaction of knowing that!! wow!! that would make my week for sure. Don’t tell her she’s an idiot, just grin stupidly at her everytime she looks at your “perfect” documents. Beg for her approval. Bask in the loathing and giggle as the respect you may have had for her slowly trickles away…

 
at 12:41 Blogger Bookfraud said...
God, have I lived this story a million times.

I am convinced people who serious psychiatric disorders gravitate towards power.

 
at 12:58 Blogger Martin Locock said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at 13:30 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Power? She has no power but what exists in her own head. New Chick and I just smile and nod and carry on our merry way.

Oh. Erm... Ah... Wait. Were you guys talking about her or me?

s

 
at 13:47 Blogger Martin Locock said...
I think Bookfraud has it round the wrong way: power gravitates towards people with serious psychiatrric disorders.

(Re-posted because I accidentally deleted it previously by clicking on that strange dustbin icon to see what it did... now I know)

There are two sorts of power: the power to be totally unreasonable and tell sensible people to do stupid things, and the power of the sensible people to tell the world about the first lot.

OFFICE WALL SLOGAN:
You don't have to be mad to work here, but if you're not, you're on your own.

 

Post a Comment