monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

11.2.05

Analysis of a conversation

Setting: A plain, grey cubicle in a plain, beige office. Our heroine is dialling the phone.

Generic Female Voice: Addison Used Appliance. [I hate my job.]
Sarcastrix: Hi. I came in on the weekend and bought a dishwasher. It doesn't work. When I turn it on, nothing happens. I've tried different cycles, different electrical outlets. Nothing. [I paid for a dishwasher, and yet I'm still washing everybody's dishes by hand!]
GFV: What do you mean it doesn't work? What does it do? [These young people today, always trying to get away with something...]
S: Nothing. It does nothing. No matter what I do, it does nothing. [How do you not get that from 'nothing'?]
GFV: Why? [My fingernails need more filing and they could do with another coat of this lovely fire engine red paint.]
S: I don't know why. I've tried everything I can think of, but it won't do anything. [What the hell kind of question is that?]
GFV: Well, I don't know what could have happened to it. [I don't know what you're trying to pull, but I'm not falling for it.]
S: Neither do I. I need you guys to either fix it or trade it for a different one. [Maybe even one that works!]
GFV: We'll fix it. It's obviously something quite simple. [So you're trying to scam your way into a more expensive model, are you?]
S: Okay. [Whatever.]
GFV: I'll get the service manager. [I think I'm going to go have another drink. What the hell, it's almost lunch time.]
S: Okay. [You do that.]


[shockingly not over-long pause]

Generic Male Voice: Hi. I understand you bought a dishwasher. [Crap, Evelyn's on the sauce again.]
S: Yes, I did. It doesn't work. [Am I going to have to explain everything again?]
GMV: What does it do? [I'm going to make you explain everything again.]
S: It doesn't do anything. [Kinda like you, I'm thinking.]
GMV: You know you have to pull the little knob, right? [Dumb chick.]
S: Yes, I know that. [Are you for real?]
GMV: It won't work unless you turn it on. [Why do I get all the idiots? Who doesn't know how to turn a dishwasher on?]
S: I'm aware of that. I would like you to fix it or replace it, and I would like you to do it today. [Like for real...]
GMV: Okay. I'll come by tomorrow and have a look. [I'll show you how to use the knob, little lady.]
S: When? [What am I supposed to sit home all day and wait?]
GMV: When I have time. [You can just wait for me in some pretty little neg-luh-jee.]
S: Great. [Bite me, you great lumbering oaf.]
GMV: See you then. [I wonder if Evelyn's got any of that scotch left.]
S: Bye. [*unintelligible screaming*]
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 15:40

everybody's 2ยข worth:

at 17:24 Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...
1. Steal the New Chick's shoes. Keep them in a sealed container.

2. Call a friend. Give him or her the shoes. This person will be on call.

3. Dishwasher fuckface arrives.

4. You place a call. Pretend it's Mom.

5. Friend, discreetly summoned, stealthily unwraps New Chick's shoes and places them under the seat of Dishwasher Fuckface's seat in his van/worktruck/other vehicle. A coathanger may be needed to gain entry. A resourceful friend is highly suggested.

You are not implicated because you were present with Dishwasher Fuckface at all times. When he leaves, you get all imperial on your lazy shithead roomates about the dishes. They must all bow in gratitude.

6. You force them to buy you pizza or (insert your favorite takeout here)

7. Eat, content in the knowledge that nobody may ruin your day and escape unscathed.

 
at 18:55 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh my crap, that's an awesome plan!

s

 
at 19:00 Blogger Bookfraud said...
ha, good stuff, though not for you. pulling the "little lady" shit -- happened to Wife when we were renovating. play dumb slut and he'll do whatever you want. hee hee hee. then tell his wife.

 
at 20:20 Anonymous Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at 21:33 Blogger cat said...
i am so behind in my blog reading & commenting! i'm so sorry! i'm still out here reading!!

 
at 10:09 Anonymous Anonymous said...
where's my delete button???

 

Post a Comment