monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

25.1.05

What's up with time this morning?

I got up just after seven this morning, which is my usual time. I got dressed and ready. I fed the dogs. I put on all my many winter layers. I left the house. Instead of going straight to the streetcar stop, I went to Tim Hortons. I waited. I got coffee. I went to the streetcar stop. I waited. I got on the streetcar. I got off at the subway station. I missed the train by about five seconds. I waited for the next one. I got on. I got off at my stop and pushed my way through the crowds.

I arrived at my desk at 7.58, a solid 15 minutes earlier than normal.

At this rate, today will last 42 hours.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 08:41

everybody's 2ยข worth:

at 11:03 Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...
Magical comment appearing via Jeannie nose wiggle. Will it post? Will it vanish? We shall see.

You are in a time vortex. The master clock in Greenwich, England, has had molasses poured into it's polished brass gear assembly. The sun is confused because the planets are rotating more slowly, and gravity is understandably frustrated.

Maybe you woke up earlier and you set your alarm clock ahead while drunk. I do it all the time. That's how I got to work on time today despite two snooze button pressings. Unfortunately the state of hungoverness induces me to post comments like these.

Oh yeah... I left a comment in the appropriate place last week, but I need validation before I gloat, so, here goes again:

Darmok.... at Tanagra.

 
at 13:25 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wow, that was a ramble! And it could possibly exlpain the time-dilation effect I experienced this morning.

And, yes Bottle Rocket Something Something, you will get your points. CBK gets some too. I just haven't got around to updating them lately.

sarcastrix

 

Post a Comment