monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

3.1.05

No, no — thank you!

The most incredibly awesome thing happened today.

I went to the liquor store. The woman behind the counter asked me if I had ID. I said I'd left it out in the car. She made me go out and get it!

After not having been ID'd in more than five years, this is the second time since Christmas that I've been asked.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 17:29

everybody's 2¢ worth:

at 22:20 Blogger cat said...
i envy you. i used to get carded a lot before i gained my weight. now apparently i am old because i am fat :)

i hope you gave that lady at the store mega points!

 
at 00:54 Blogger SJ said...
I've only ever been asked for ID once, in a bar in Edinburgh, Scotland. The barman asked me for proof of age, I looked at him and said "You've got to be kidding." He hesitated, then said "...yeah, alright."

 
at 09:44 Anonymous Anonymous said...
I don't know. Five years, no requests for ID. Then two in a week. Maybe it's the toque. On both occasions I was wearing a toque. Not the same toque, but a toque nonetheless...

sarcastrix

 

Post a Comment