monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

20.1.05

I'm breathing, so I guess I'm still alive

Okay. If I do something wrong, then I deserve to be yelled at. Fine. I can accept that. I can take criticism — where it's warranted. But I don't like being yelled at when I haven't done anything to justify it.

My boss just came over to my desk. With complete exasperation, he told me that I hadn't done what he told me to do. Only I did. Why do I even tell you to do things if you're not going to do them, he demanded, as if we'd ever had a similar conversation before. As if I regularly didn't do my job... But I did do it, I protest. He's insistent that I didn't.

He leaves without another word. I check my records. I did precisely what he told me to do, well before he came and told me I hadn't. I had the Ferengi check it over, just to make sure I'm not losing my mind. Yup, she confirms, I've done everything right.

Now I'm paranoid that everything I do is wrong and that I'm screwing up left, right and centre. Obviously, I'm just too blind to notice that I'm not doing my job.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 12:33

everybody's 2¢ worth:

Post a Comment