monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

29.1.05

Existential angst

Dear Imaginary Blog Reader,

There's something I need to tell you, but I'm not really sure how to say it.

I'm starting to suspect that some of you are unaware of the nature of your existence. You see, you aren't real. Well, not really real... Not in the same way I am... A few of you are (at the very least) physical manifestations of my various delusions. You may even have existences of your own; I'm not really sure. The rest of you, though, are simply figments of my very active imagination.

I know this will come as a surprise to some of you. It may even hurt your feelings. Please understand it is not my intention to hurt you. I just want you to understand the reality of your situation. You exist to entertain me — to aggravate me, to occupy my time and (occasionally) to flatter me.

The longer I keep this blog active, the more of you I seem to create. I'm not sure why this is. Perhaps this blog is revealing my (already existent) multiple personalities to me, giving us a medium for conversation with one another. Perhaps I am being sucked deeper and deeper into the world of my own psychoses, creating more and more alternate personalities as I go along.

I think it's fair to say that I ought to terminate this world of my imagination. I really should go back to living in the real world. I ought to kill you all off in a fit of determination.

In the end, though, like Buffy, I think I shall choose to let you live another day. The real world will be all right without me. Besides... I rather like this little universe I've created in my head.

Yours faithfully,
The Sarcastrix
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 15:54

everybody's 2¢ worth:

at 21:23 Blogger CBK said...
Ever see Dark City? Your post reminded me of the main character at the end. Full mental control to create his world.

 
at 09:36 Anonymous Anonymous said...
CBK: No, so (clearly) neither have you.

Lawyr Guy: Ah, see I expected me to say that. We're very clever, you know.

sarcastrix

 
at 09:36 Anonymous Anonymous said...
PS: I can't type. I also can't go back and edit comments once they're posted.

s

 
at 13:43 Blogger CBK said...
You mean I'm not one of the select few who have their own existence? Damn! As long as you ascribe witty comments to me, then I'm cool with it.

I guess you are to blame for my blog's low readership, then.

BTW, don't forget about Descartes' Evil Deceiver. You may not be responsible for that which you perceive. You can't really trust your senses.

 
at 07:10 Blogger SJ said...
If that's the case can you imagine me up a better life? Maybe one with a flash car and half a million dollars a year for doing nothing...?

 
at 09:59 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ian! You're alive! I knew I didn't really want to kill you off.

Have you moved to Edmonton yet? I had a request, you know...

s

 
at 10:01 Anonymous Anonymous said...
CBK: I keep trying to respond to your comment, but every time I try, I forget what it is you've said. Could you try to save the weighty stuff for some time other than Monday morning?

Thanks.

s

 
at 13:04 Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...
Ack! You've sussed me out. I live in the cerebellum neighborhood, and the only way to get rid of me is trepanning. Deal with that!

 

Post a Comment