monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

23.11.04

You are creepy. Do not touch me.

Dear Dirty Old Man,

You are creepy. You are also quite possibly drunk. For these reasons, and a thousand others, I would like you to refrain from touching me. Furthermore, I would like to ask that you talk to me only as much as necessitated by working in the same office.

I will admit that I derived a certain amount of amusement from your behaviour last week at the company outing. You should not, however, leap to the conclusion that we had fun together. When I laughed, I was laughing at you, not with you. This is a very important distinction.

When you introduced me to a fellow co-worker whom I had already met, I smiled out of awkwardness. When you instructed him to go to the bar and get me a drink, I smiled again. This was also awkwardness. When he returned 30 seconds later with my orange juice and you introduced us again, I laughed. This time it was not awkwardness, it was mockery. How you managed to become completely inebriated by 17.30, when we had only been at the bar for 15 minutes, I do not know. I am, however, reasonably certain that you were out of your tree.

When you put your hand on my thigh, I did not interpret it as a friendly gesture. I contemplated causing you serious physical harm. It took me approximately a third of a second to determine that you were not worth my job. However, should you attempt such a manoeuvre again, you may not ever regain the use the offending appendage again.

Since that evening, you have stopped by my desk on several occasions. Each time you have asked the Ferengi if I am 'behaving myself'. Perhaps you believe this is charming. Maybe you are under the impression that this qualifies as small talk. What you probably don't know is that we hold our breath waiting for the office door to close behind you. Then we burst into collective fits of uncontrollable laughter. Again, it should be noted that we are laughing at you, not with you.

Thank you for your attention. Please go away now, or I shall shove my pen up your nose.

Sincerely,
The Sarcastrix
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 11:30

everybody's 2ยข worth:

at 01:02 Blogger Jeremiah said...
Remember: Breaking arms can be entertaining!

 
at 04:49 Blogger Aubrey said...
Make sure that when you finally quit your job, that you give this creepy guy a copy of this post. That's one of my biggest fears (to be thought of as creepy)...I used to be a major flirt when I was young, but now that I'm middle-aged, I go out of my way to not be flirty with girls under 30, for fear that I'll appear to be a dirty old man. Thank God I'm married and that helps control the possibility of creepiness to a point...

 
at 15:59 Blogger sic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
at 16:02 Anonymous Anonymous said...
Aww... That's so sweet! There's nothing like a damsel-in-distress tale to get the boys all freshly testosteronated.

the sarcastrix

 

Post a Comment