monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

19.11.04

They think I'm nuts

My co-workers are blithering (good word, eh?) on about dry cleaners. They're comparing their preferred ones.
I can't believe you people dry clean shirts,
I said.
They all stopped and stared vacantly at me. Finally the Ferengi ventured to say that it was easier to dry clean them than it was to iron them. Ah, see, there's the trouble. I figure
if it needs to be ironed, I don't need to own it.
More blank stares.
I will dry clean my wool dress coat, though. The last time I washed it, the sleeves shrank about eight inches. I now have a short-sleeved wool dress coat.
Good grief! With all the incredulent staring followed that remark, you'd think I just suggested we all get naked and dance around the trading desk singing a bunch of hippie folk tunes.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 15:01

everybody's 2ยข worth:

at 16:25 Blogger sic said...
Yes, yes, I finally got around to updating my template. In addition to being the sarcastrix, I am also the procrastinatrix.

 

Post a Comment