monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

17.11.04

I think I might be a little bit anal-retentive

I've noticed a few things about me. I mean, I've always known them, but I never suspected other people might do things differently.

1. I always hang the dish towel back up perfectly flat and straight. My brother used to wad it into the stove rack any old way. I always assumed it was because he had brain damage. Apparently not...

2. I alphabetise my book collection. Fiction goes by author's last name. If there are several books by the same author, they go by publication date, unless they are part of a series. The first book in a series is placed where it should logically go, the rest of the series goes with it, even if the author published other books in between. Non-fiction goes by topic, then by author/editor's last name.

3. I am extraordinarily disturbed people who leave partial squares of toilet paper. There is a perforated line! I don't understand people who can't use it. (Yes, Moiraine, I mean you.)

4. I re-read my blogs and e-mails about two or three times before sending them. I make numerous changes. Once a blog is published, I edit it an average of four times. I wish I could do the same with e-mails. I re-read them once they're sent and notice errors or things I could have said better.

Excuse me, I need to re-read this a few times before I hit the big orange button.

Six changes made...

Make that eight changes...

Nine... (Somebody please stop me!)
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 10:30

everybody's 2ยข worth:

at 14:09 Blogger sic said...
Oh, I think my original personality is plenty sarcastic enough.

I'm trying to put some distance between this blog and the one where I keep the personal stuff. I came up with the name sarcastrix as I walked home yesterday. I think it suits.

 
at 14:12 Blogger sic said...
And I think that we anal-retentives shouldn't be referred to as survivors. Rather those who put up with us are. So, if you're wife is A/R, that would make you the survivor, not her.

Insanal (adj.): anal-retentive to the point of driving everybody around oneself insane.

 

Post a Comment