monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

17.11.04

Can I get a side of repression to go with my anal-retentiveness?

So, I've been thinking. I've been toying with an idea of late. It's a pretty big deal, actually. It's such a big thing that I haven't even mentioned it to anybody. You see, I'm contemplating a major lifestyle change. The very fact that I'm considering such a drastic move is kind of freaking me out.

I'm thinking of adding a word to my vocabulary. I'm not talking about just any word either. It's one that's always been on my banned list. It's—

(hyperventilation)

Nope, can't do it. Can't bring myself to use it. Not yet. I'm not ready.

I know, I know... You want to know what word it is I'm talking about. Well, since I can't say it and I can't type it, I'll just allude to it. Think 'assassination'. Think 'associate'. Think 'harassment'. Think 'bum'.

I don't know. It's a big step and I'm not sure I'm ready to take it. Maybe someday I will be, but it probably won't today.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 15:36

everybody's 2¢ worth:

at 19:05 Anonymous Anonymous said...
I assume this issue, which may or may not be massive, is one that you will see better in hindsight. Oh well, bottoms up!

 
at 00:08 Blogger sic said...
That sounds like a Hermione comment.

 
at 13:54 Blogger sic said...
Only if you put DUMB in front of, because - frankly - that's my only interest in the word.

 
at 16:27 Blogger sic said...
It's not personal. I just have a secret love affair with a certain compound word.

 
at 16:32 Anonymous Anonymous said...
sic, the fact that you want to add this word into your vocabulary, I just don't find shocking. I guess when I think about it, for you, and your background, yeah, ok. But if you were to start using it and not tell me, I don't think I would notice. Hell, D. and T. use it Sunday nights!

Anne

 

Post a Comment