monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

14.10.04

Princess, my darling, don't do my job for me

This morning I sent an e-mail telling one of the guys that he was confusing two similar but different words. I was having trouble discerning which one he actually meant, because he had intertwined the meanings so completely. I copied the definitions of both words from the dictionary and asked him to come and see me so that we could discuss what he was trying to communicate.

Instead, he e-mailed the princess and asked for his help. The princess sent an e-mail back entitled 'The Two are Interchangeable'. In it, he cited definitions from a different dictionary. While the definitions differed somewhat from Cambridge's, they clearly showed that the two were not synonyms. In fact, the definitions he sent compared the two words and discussed the differences.
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 10:22

everybody's 2ยข worth:

Post a Comment