monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

26.10.04

Greed'll get you every time

I bought my lunch today. I went to the same little vegetarian take-out place I always do. On impulse, I decided to buy a blueberry thing. It was sort of somewhere between a pie, a crisp and a turnover.

Now here's where I have to reveal yet another of my dirty little secrets. The blueberry things are nicely packaged up and stacked one on top of the other. Most people would just take the one on the top. Not I. I go through the entire stack and choose the biggest one. Maybe it's because I figure if I'm paying for something, I want my money's worth. Maybe it's just because I'm perpetually hungry.

I got back to work and sat down to eat my lunch and made a profoundly upsetting discovery. My blueberry thing wasn't blueberry at all. It was an apple-cranberry-raisin-cherry-blueberry thing. Apparently, the entire stack was not the same kind of thing. While I did indeed get the biggest of the lot, I failed to notice that it wasn't what I wanted. I hate raisins. I hate cranberries. I despise cherries. Apples are fine, as long as they're peeled (which these were not).

Blech!

(sigh)
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 14:36

everybody's 2ยข worth:

Post a Comment