monster sarcasm rally

(contains short works of neurotica and general abuses of sarcasm)

29.9.04

Am I wrong?

Now, I don't consider myself an expert on classiness, not by a long shot. Although there are many adjectives which could accurately be used to describe me, classy is not generally one of them. Well, not unless the speaker happens to be my mother...

But I digress. I do that you know.

Anyways... As I was sitting on the streetcar on the way to work this morning, I looked over at the woman across from me. She had a little mirror out and was putting on her makeup. I'm not talking about fixing her lipstick; she was applying foundation. This just strikes me as the epitome of classlessness. Putting one's makeup on while riding on public transportation is generally the stuff of crazy old women who don't know where they are and teenage girls who aren't supposed to be wearing any in the first place.

This woman was about 30. She was fashionable and well dressed. By all appearances, she was somebody who held down a real job (you know, the kind where you never have to tell anybody to have a nice day). Oh, and she was pretty. So, really, what's up with that? Does that not lack a certain sense of decorum or sophistication?
|| this is the word of the sarcastrix @ 09:21

everybody's 2ยข worth:

Post a Comment